Easy Pork Chops Recipe
Sunday afternoons are absolutely perfect for the kitchen. This is one of the days where you are not limited to being creative because you are in no hurry and absolutely relaxed. So why not have that mouthwatering lunch? So I needed the best recipe for pork chops and landed on YouTube and came across Chef Gordon Ramsay’s pork recipe.
- Pork chops
- 1 Garlic bunch
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 red peppers
- Red onion
- Basil leaves
- Dry parsley
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
Pan-fried pork chops
- In a non-stick frying pan, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, be generous with black pepper.
- Add the pork chops to a heated frying pan with olive oil
- Add 1 garlic bunch
- Add fresh thyme to the frying pan
- Fry for about 3 and half a minute on each side
- Set aside for the same amount of time you fried, I usually cover the pork chops and set aside for about 10-20minutes
Sweet and sour pepper
- Cut the red peppers into reasonable thin slices
- Add olive oil to a frying pan
- Add the peppers
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Add about 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- Add chopped basil leaves
Continue to fry until the peppers are well done.
Now, this was a complete meal from the video, I decided I would add sour mashed potatoes and kale salad to the menu.
- Peel potatoes and cut into smaller pieces
- Add the potatoes to a pot and fill with water and boil until well done, if there’s still water remaining, drain the water with a strainer
- In a mixing bowl, using a potato masher, mash the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to season and mash
- Add about half a cup of milk and continue mashing to mix
- Add about 2 tablespoons of butter and continue to mix
- Add about half a cup of mayonnaise, here you can continue to add more depending on the level of desire for a sour taste.
For kale salad
1. Add kale into a bowl, usually, I buy the readily cut one
2. Add cherry tomatoes cut into halves
3. Add black beans and avocado pieces and mix.
Serve the pork chops with mashed potatoes, red peppers, and kale salad on the side and enjoy.