This recipe makes life easier when you are looking for a quick lunch or dinner. You can enjoy it without any meat but if you do prefer to have your meals with meat always, you can serve it with our famous Easy Chicken Recipe. If you stay alone, this makes for great meal prep as you can store the macaroni in a fridge and still be able to enjoy it for a week.
Make sure you store the remaining portion in an air-tight container.
Spicy Chilli Macaroni
A super comforting meatless meal that is packed with vegetables and some chilli powder.
Servings 4 people
- Frying pan
- 2 cups macaroni
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cut the onion , carrots , bell pepper and garlic into a dice size
- In a large pot , filled with boiling water , add macaroni and allow to cook for 8-10 minutes
- Drain all the remaining water using a strainer from the macaroni and set aside
- in a large frying pan, add olive oil . Then add onion and garlic and fry for 2 minutes
- Then add 1 can of diced tomatoes and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes while stirring from time to time
- Add the tomato paste, paprika ,hot chilli powder and continue to stir
- Then add the carrots and the bell pepper together with one can of kidney beans
- Allow the carrots to soften a bit by letting the mixture simmer for a few minutes , maximum five minutes
- Then add cooked macaroni ,together with the spinach and mix for a few minutes to allow the spinach to cook , which should be about 3 minutes
- Add salt and pepper and serve while still hot.