A time-saving recipe that can serve up to 5 people.
Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers
This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
- 5 medium peppers
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp ground. cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 ,3/4 cups shredded cheddar-flavored lactose-free or other cheese
- 1,12 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place in a15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Over medium-high heat, cook and crumble turkey with onion, garlic, and seasonings until flesh is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Combine the tomatoes, cheese, and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Stuff with the turkey mixture. Paprika should be sprinkled on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, until the filling is heated through and the peppers are soft