Beefsteak with sauce and potato mash is always a good comforting meal for any dinner ideas. Within such a short time space, you would have prepared a delicious and nourishing meal.
This recipe is available in the latest cookbook. If you haven’t purchased the ebook yet, you can do so for more variety.
Beef Steak with sauce and potato mash
- ½ kg peeled and mashed potatoes
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 long red chili
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 x 150g beef steaks, trimmed
- 1 cup salt-reduced beef stock
- Salt/pepper according to taste
- Steam the potatoes in a steamer for 12-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain water from the saucepan and dry it out. Put potatoes into the pan and mash them gently for 30 seconds on low flame. Add butter, chili, pepper and salt ,and mix it well.
- On the other side season, the steaks with black pepper and salt.
- Heat the pan, cook steaks for 5-6 minutes on medium flame.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat, add the mustard, and stock, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until the liquid has reduced to half.
- Serve the beef and mash potatoes with the mustard sauce.
Feel like trying something else? You can check out the beef stir fry recipe.