If it’s comfort food you’re seeking , worry not . This creamy chicken recipe may not make it to the best diet food choice , but it sure does make it to delicious foods. I am personally encouraging you to ditch your diet for once and dig in .
I visited a friend for dinner , and while i have been trying to stay on the plant based diet , there was chicken on the table and i couldn’t resist. Sorry to the plant based diet fanatics , i fell for the tempting mouthwatering creamy chicken .
I ended up asking for the recipe , because it was that good . My friend served the chicken with sour mashed potatoes . You can also choose to serve it with rice if you fancy but the sour mashed potatoes perform better with the chicken.
Creamy Chicken Recipe
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 medium onion red onion
- ½ tsp garlic crushed
- 2½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 250g fresh cream
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 80 ml white wine
- tbsp Olive oil
- Cut the chicken into thinly large pieces.
- Cut the onion into smaller pieces.
- In a large pan, add olive oil.
- On high heat, fry the chicken on both sides for 7 minutes.This is to brown it.
- After you have fried all the chicken and removed it from the pan, add more oil if needed in the same pan without cleaning it.
- Then add the onion with half a teaspoon of garlic.
- Add the cumin, paprika, and ground coriander and continue to fry the onion.
- Add the white wine, and lower the heat on the stove.
- Then add the fresh cream together with the parmesan cheese and Dijon mustard
- Add the curry powder and stir the sauce until thickened ,then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fried chicken and make sure it is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add the 2 cups of baby spinach, let it melt into the sauce ,and add a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper.
- Serve with rice or enjoy it with mashed potatoes.
I am a big fan of batch making food but with this recipe , i recommend serving it immediately . The cream and the wine together don’t seem like a good combination to keep for long term hehe . So make the creamy chicken with the intention of serving it immediately.
If you are looking for a chicken recipe that you can prepare and still store afterwards , check out my all time favourite chicken recipe. You have options to play around with various dishes .
Feel like chicken wings instead ? Check out the oven baked chicken wings recipe .