The past few months have been such an absolute joy for me. I placed so much effort into carefully choosing the foods I consume. This high-protein vegetable salad in particular has kept my cravings at an all-time low. Yes, when your cravings are low, it means less junk right?
The results have been amazing. The transformation from always complaining about exhaustion to feeling energetic and productive has been so great. I feel so great after every meal, energized and ready to kick ass.
Consuming healthy foods is not only beneficial to your overall health but your skin and productivity are impacted as well. I find that healthy food does contribute to how you feel. One of my favorite Youtube channels speaks of the right foods to eat to remain productive. Pick-up limes cover why we always feel tired, and the right foods to fix that. Watch below.
High Protein Vegetable Salad
- 2 whole-wheat pita bread, split and torn into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange pita pieces in a single layer. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring once, until crispy. Allow 5 minutes for the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper. Toss together the cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and parsley. Toss in the pita chips until well mixed.
There are additional foods you can choose, to improve your protein intake. Chickpeas, eggs, peanut butter, and more can be a great source of protein. The advantage of protein is curbing your hunger, and preventing the constant craving for junk food.
Healthy eating is a form of self-love, practice it often. For more recipes from this blog, head over to the food section for a selection of recipes to try.